Background

Monday, December 9, 2013

A Gift Card Set


I'm checking in today with the first in a series of cards.  My work (where my husband and I both work) is having a Christmas party at which we will do a small "white elephant" gift exchange.  Since we are such a small group and none of us are particularly young, I'm not into the whole "buy a funny/useless gift" mindset.  Instead, I thought I'd capitalize on the paper crafts store in my front room and went shopping.  This is the first of four cards (with a box- thank you for the inspiration Karon).  Here's the details:
  • Patterned paper is Stampin' Up's Attic Boutique bought on clearance earlier this year and sitting in the stash...  Looks like they are all out, only the digital version left.
  • Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret stamps and dies stamped with brown Archival Ink and die cut on my new Grand Calibur- yeah for late in the year birthdays!
  • A piece of brown textured ribbon from the stash- at least a year old.  
  • A pearl swirl from the stash- no packaging but it's probably from Michaels.
  • Pearl tipped hat pins from the stash- again no packaging but I'm guessing a clearance bin from somewhere.
  • Small pieces of cream colored tulle.  You can't tell, but it really is cream colored.  Can't tell you when the tulle was purchased, but it's from one of those rolls of tulle about 5 inches wide.  
  • The sentiment is stamped in brown Archival Ink and cut with my ancient Creative Memories circle cutters.  Easy and quick, I find this is still a go to tool after over a decade of ownership.
  • Keeping the design clean, you'll notice no brown ink edging, etc.  After many cards with inked edges I'm nervous, but I like the look.  Maybe too plain?  Yes? No?  Oh well, this one is done for now. 
On to card #2.  Hoping to get it done and posted this week.  Christmas is coming.  Are you ready?  (I'm not, don't tell...).  I'm linking this up over at Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #109: Anything Goes.  Come join the fun! 

3 comments:

  1. The font on the sentiment is my favorite. The DSP, tulle, stick pin and pearls are completely adorable. Thank you for entering your wonderful paper art project with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is stunning. I love that backing paper and beautiful flowers. Can't wait to see the completed set and box :-) Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?