Background

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thanksgiving Cards


So, I'm not doing enough and I recently purchased that DeNami Designs pumpkins stamp.  I thought some well timed Thanksgiving cards were in order.  I picked this card design up off a card in my Pinterest board.  I looked for something purposefully simple and yet charming.  I found that plaid paper and the acorns at Hobby Lobby (I know- I didn't need to buy paper!) and pulled some matching metallics out to match. 





The linen ribbon came from a LSS, 99 cents for a yard which is just enough for the six cards I made with it.  I stamped the image with brown Archival ink.  I then colored in the pumpkin with my Rusty Hinge Distress Marker, the leaves with my Peeled Paint Distress Marker and the stems with my Walnut Stain Distress Marker.  The colors were very dark, not very colorful at all.  I took my waterbrush to them and that really brightened them up.  However, as the image was drying the ink bled through the linen and ruined my sample.  My solution, after applying the water with the waterbrush I placed a paper towel over the top and blotted off the excess.  The linen quickly dried and not bleeding.  Yeah.


 I also tried a piece of watercolor paper as in the sample above.  I didn't like the look nearly as much.  This one works, but is not quite the look of the linen ribbon card . 

On the inside was a simply stamped Happy Thanksgiving and a fussy cut little pumpkin- adhered flat to the page.
 








I hope your Thanksgiving plans include time spent with family and friends giving thanks for the many blessings our Father in Heaven rains down upon us.  I'm currently enjoying the 4 day trip with my daughter Katie's band.  Fresno, California.  Band competition.  Boy Bus Chaperone.  Yay me!

I'm linking up to the Paper Girls Challenge Blog: Challenge #44: It's Time to Give Thanks.  Come join me.


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Andie! Love your stamping on linen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the linen! Hope the trip is going well! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome is that! I love your stamping on linen! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. The linen ribbon is the perfect touch! :) Thanks for joining us at The Paper Girls Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?