Background

Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 2- A two page layout for the Hawaii scrapbook


So I, albeit slowly, continue to plug my way through my catch up project.  Today I'm sharing a layout I put together for our first full day in Hawaii.  We knew that we wanted to get to the USS Arizona memorial early in the day to soak in the sites and information without the bustle of the crowds which inevitably flock to the memorial.  Since we were still on Arizona time, the first day seemed appropriate.  We slept in until 6 am (because we went to bed early the night before, exhausted from our flight).  Four showers, a shared breakfast with Dan's parents, and we were off on our adventure of the day.  We arrived before the memorial opened, so we took a moment to stop by the signage out front.  The page is made with the patterned paper from the Maggie Holmes Signature Series and a piece of grid patterned paper from the stash. The sentiment was created by covering a chipboard letter D with a patterned paper scrap and sanding the edges.  I paired it here with a "a" and "y" from a metal "Baby" set that's been in the stash for nearly a decade (bought a set of three, used one and kept the other two... don't know why except it kinda works here) and with a chipboard piece from the Maggie Holmes Signature Series Chipboard Stickers


The matching second page uses more chipboard pieces from the set and one of the fabric frames from the Signature Series Stitched Fabric Frames.  The sentiment was cut from one of my stash papers and stapled in place... what do you think... too many staples?  I agree but the freak in me would let me remove them because of the holes that would be left behind.  In some sort of weird way, holes are *worse* than too many staples.  I'm telling you, I'm a nut!  Just a small Floral Flourish to peak around the frame and I'm done.

Yeah- three whole pages scrapbooked.  A few more to go.  Just keep on scrappin', scrappin', scrappin'.




5 comments:

  1. LOL, so cute. And this book is bringing back a flood of memories.

    I've never stapled on a project...I know, right?! ;) Do you just use office supply staples or are there fancy schmancy ones we're "supposed" to use for scrapbooking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that Tim Holtz, Paper Crafting Rockstar, has a Tiny Attacher that is smaller than the office variety stapler. You can purchase staples in a variety of metallic colors. Of course, Ms. Brandy has it :) I, however, was too cheap (keep in mind I own a Scrapbox, so that is a fluid label) to purchase the Tiny Attacher. I just use my office variety stapler, but I only fill it with office variety staples of the green color (I'm a weirdo). Still, you can't tell that they are green in the picture.

      You need to get staplin', girl!

      Delete
    2. Colored staples?! We never use our office stapler, I might have to requisition it. Must find the colors though... I wonder if David would be super mad if I ordered a bunch on Amazon. Surely they have some and I can use our Prime account for shipping (sometimes I really love his student perks). Off to shop!!!!

      Delete
  2. Such a fabulous double spread! Love the papers and using the $2 for Day 2 is wonderful. I get the coloured staples from the local dollar store - and they have about 9 different colours - I've got them, but have yet to staple anything on cards etc :-) Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun layout! Adore your sweet family photo too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?