Background

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Creative Chemisty 102- Faux Tarnished Silver


 While trying to get the post out for our Play All Day I stumbled upon a couple of pictures that I'd taken and not posted from the recent Online Card Class, Creative Chemistry 102.  This technique is called Tarnished Silver and Tim explained that the technique came from Shelly Hickox.  I trolled around the internet and found this tutorial at Splitcoaststampers.  My sample started as a chipboard swirl.  I took this photo of the back so you could see the transformation.

I tried to manipulate the light to get this photo which shows a little more of the contrast.  I'd recommend playing with this technique a couple of times to get the balance between heat (my "bubbles are bigger than the tutorial and I suspect that might be concentrating the heat to high) and the application of black paint at the end.  Give it a go- it was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Love this - it truly does look like tarnished silver!! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?