Background

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102: Smudge Stamping


The next technique that Tim taught us was smudge stamping.  This technique uses a second generation stamping with Distress Inks.  My sample tag shows the first generation or the first stamp completed with a fully inked stamp.  The second image is the second generation or second image stamped directly after the first without reloading the stamp with ink.  The idea was to use the Ink Blending Tool to smudge the second gen image creating a softening and blurring of the image.  His tip to "huff" on the stamp before the second image to reactivate the Distress Inks didn't work so well for me.  That could be because I took too long to apply the blending tool or I had too much ink on the stamp.  Still, that second image is softer and a little blurred.  It serves a good purpose, though I am not pleased with my stamp choices here.  The sentiment stamp has the label upside down and I forgot that in my first gen sample.  Plus, I'd probably not do a second gen sentiment stamp anyway.  Kinda cool technique that gets you thinking outside the box though, don't you think?


1 comment:

  1. This is such a pretty technique and opens the door for making some really wonderful backing papers or even focal points! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?