Background

Friday, October 11, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102: Distress Paint Eroded Metallic



This one we're going to call an epic fail.  Tim warned us that the technique doesn't always work.  I am proof.  The technique is achieved by laying down a varied color of Distress paint on the tag.  He suggests blues and greens to get a copper erosion technique.  I don't think my incorrect coloring is the problem here, just a execution problem.  After the layer of color is applied and dry, a strong layer of metallic color (in this case Antique Bronze) is applied and then water is flicked onto the paint.  You then apply a little heat from a heat gun until the edges have dried a bit (not too much) and apply a paper towel over the paint.  This should lift off paint and leave some behind causing the eroded look.  I'm going to have to keep trying, this bit didn't work.


2 comments:

  1. It may have failed - bit I still like the result! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the result is still nice. It is eroding metal instead of being eroded.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?