Background

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102: Distress Glitter


One of the new Distress supplies is the Distress Glitter.  Brandy and I were a little skeptical since we have plenty of glitter in the stash that is easily a decade old.  Glitter doesn't go bad or out of fashion and if you are stash supply collectors, you can quickly find yourself the owner of multiple sets of glitter.  We both happily fall into that category.

Still, in the interest of being good class participators, we picked up a few colors of Distress Glitter.  This technique was a simple application of Glossy Accents to a die cut piece of Grunge paper.  Tim's point is that Distress Glitter will pick up Distress Ink if applied.  I didn't particularly enjoy the results for the other pieces where I used Vintage Photo, but this heart where I used Victorian Velvet glitter and Seedless Preserves ink worked for me. 
I found that I didn't apply enough Glossy Accents and/or it wore away as I handled the edges of these tiny die cuts.  They look nice, but I'm not sure they look significantly nicer than the plethora of glitters already in my stash.


1 comment:

  1. Love the colours, but as you say could possibly achieve similar results with standard glitter. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?