Background

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Creative Chemistry 102: Alcohol Ink Ombre


Oh yeah!  That was my response to this technique.  The ombre coloring was created using Alcohol Paper and two different colors of alcohol ink.  Tim suggested using a "light", "bright" and "earthtone" ink.  I didn't have any "light" inks so I applied the bright to the felt pad and daubed it onto the top 1/3 of the page.  I then added the "earthtone" ink to the same spot felt pad and blended the two colors with the top 1/3 and the second 1/3 of the page.  Finally, I added "earthtone" to a clean spot on the felt pad and daubed it onto the bottom third.  I replaced the used felt pad with a new pad and added some Ink Blending Solution.  Just a bit.  This is used to blend the different 1/3rds together in order to create seamless-like transitions blending as you go.  In person, there's more transition than the camera picked up on.  After the ink was dry, I stamped the HeartFelt Creations Delicate Aster images using Archival Black ink.  Oh yeah!!!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful - could definitely be the centre of attention on a card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I've been eyeing alcohol inks for some time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?