Background

Friday, October 11, 2013

A Man Card- Happy Birthday to My Son


Just a quick post to share this simple card I made for my son, Timothy.  Seventeen years ago today, I excitedly celebrated the arrival of my first child.  We didn't know that Tim was a boy until that day and I can say that I was extremely pleased to have this quiet, sensitive and intelligent child join our family.  Tim is a responsible oldest child and as a friend of mine said when he was born- "Sons always love their mamas".  She was right and I am grateful, though I can tell you all that seems like yesterday and I don't nearly feel the span of years in between.

The card was made using my Darkroom Door Trees stamps.  The fine detail on these cling stamps is simply amazing.  I chose to use my Walnut Stain, Barn Door, Scattered Straw and Peeled Paint Distress stains to stamp the images on watercolor paper.  I masked the images off using a cut out stamped image on a scrap of paper. 

2 comments:

  1. Fun and amazing birthday card for your son, Happy Birthday Timothy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous autumnal colours and perfect for a masculine card. Happy Birthday to your son Timothy! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?