Background

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Hand Car Layout

Just popping in today to share some more photos of the Hawaii mini-book I'm making.  These two pages are from my son Timothy's favorite day on the island.  We went to visit the Hawaiian Railway Society.  We'd bought our tickets for the steam engine railroad ride and while waiting took these photos near the trains on display. 

The papers for both layouts came from the Maggie Holmes Signature Collection.  The tag on this first page was stamped with my Stampin' Up Apothecary Art stamp and then colored with my Distress Markers.  I think I used Shabby Shutters and Broken Glass for the most part with a little Peeled Paint thrown in for shading.  I then cut the label apart creating the two pieces for the album. 
The blue posies were stamped with Faded Jeans Distress using my Heartfelt Creations Posy stamps and cut with the matching dies.  The center is a bit of Flower Soft- mixing a dark blue and a dark green for the final effect. After a little 3D magic, they were strategically placed on the image.

As an added surprise, an engineer asked the kids if they'd like to take a hand car ride.  Enthusiastically, they both said yes and rode off without Mom and Dad- not a common occurrence with my two introverted, shy children. 

More Maggie Holmes on this page with a chipboard accent from the same set.  Everything is edged with some Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo Distress ink. 

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be a beautiful album with those fun pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful pages! Love those gorgeous flowers and fabulous papers! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun experience! I'm loving that posy stamp, it's just such a pretty embellishment on the page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?