Background

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Wedding Celebration Card



So, earlier this week I posted about a birthday card for my 7 year old nephew.  This is my sister's kid.  My sister and my brother both had kids around the time.  My husband, on the other hand, is the seventh kid.  I married into a family with a many nieces and nephews.  This should mean that I am a great-aunt many times over.  That's not the case, although things seem to be changing this year.  Two nephews have announced plans to marry.  This card was made for my nephew getting married on the East coast.  We'll not be able to make the trip for the wedding, so I wanted to spent a little time to create something fabulous.

The inspiration for this card came from a piece of glitter patterned paper I found in the stash.  I honestly can't remember purchasing this paper.  I've a matching sheet, both are from Best Creation, Inc.  The frame came from the Pleasure Moments- Beauty in the Mirror.  I used my ancient Creative Memories Oval cutters to cut out the oval for the front.  I scored the white cardstock background with my Scor-Pal creating a cross-hatch pattern.  The frame is set up off the embossed background with some foam tape. 

The sentiment was stamped with a grey Brilliance ink.  What a huge mistake!  I almost ruined the entire frame as the ink pad was mostly out of ink.  You could barely read the sentiment.  Enter Glue Pen to the rescue.  I simply applied the glue pen to the poorly stamped image and applied some microfine glitter.  I think the save worked really well, a happy accident that probably made the card must improved.  I applied tiny pearls to the end of the swirls around the frame, but the glitter was originally on the paper from the manufacturer.  I double tied a bow into a scrap of organza ribbon edged in satin.  A large pearl finished the center of the bow and accents the frame.  I was so pleased after my original horror at my bad stamping job.
 

The inside needed to be dressed up a bit in order to provide a space for our gift.  as this was a long distance gift, I knew I would go straight to a gift card.  The inside patterned paper comes from the coordinating paper, Best Creation, Inc. Love Birds.  I simply fussy cut the flower detail from the pattern and only applied adhesive to the straight edges.  A plain piece of black cardstock to accent behind really sets the paper off.  The sentiment was printed out on a piece of white cardstock using Word and my computer.  I used my Stampin' Up Essential Paper Piercing Set (thank you again, Loly!!) to pierce the holes in a patter and fussy cut around the pierced holes.







A piece of embroidered ribbon- wrong side facing out- creates a nice accent behind the sentiment tag.  I was thinking the plain black ribbon would be nice and the ribbon happened to fall upside down as I was playing with the placement.  That makes two happy accidents that went together to make this card.  'Course I don't believe in accidents, so I am just going to claim pleased with the effort!



3 comments:

  1. What a stunning and elegant card - perfect for your wedding occasion! Love this Andie. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy accidents are *the best* and you did a great job turning those opportunities into something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?