Background

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Our Beautiful World- Week 13 Fall

I've been following Kirsti Vittetoe over at Handmade Little Things for a little while now.  She has such an eye for design- a real skill for art that I often think that I lack.  It is for this kind of inspiration I'll check in on her activities.  Also, she's involved in a diverse group of activities, scrapbooking, crafting, home decor and posting pictures over at Our Beautiful World.  Each week Our Beautiful World has a one word trigger and the idea is to post a photo you've taken that the word inspires.

Kirsty has been inspiring me for a few weeks.  I don't consider myself a stellar photographer, but I think photo evoke moods, thoughts and emotions so that the idea of pictures inspired by a word is challenging and intriguing.  Plus, I think the point is that everyone sees this beautiful world of ours differently.  So, when I saw that this week's word is Fall, I just felt moved to join in.  Check out the pictures over at the Week 13: Fall post.  Most are beautiful pictures of nature.  My picture is sort of about nature, but not quite.

You'll notice the bright sun, green leaves and green grass- all parts of an Arizona fall
Each fall since my daughter was 4, fall was softball season.  My husband coached her team and I supported in all the ways that I could.  This is the first fall without softball- she's joined her high school band and it *consumes* her.  We're hoping she'll make the high school team in the spring, but until then, we mourn the loss of our Arizona fall where the temperatures are still in the high nineties and softball is something you grunt out.


8 comments:

  1. A great photo of what fall means to you...here in Michigan the kiddos are all playing soccer, volleyball and of course football right now...fun to see what's going on "in your world"...thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Diane's words ... I love seeing other parts of the world ... Thanks so much for sharing at Our Beautiful World!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a fabulous photo and wonderful post. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww..... thanks for your sweet words Andie, you are inspiring to me as well!!!
    I can so feel you on the Arizona fall, compared to the east coast where I lived for 8 years, Vegas has a lot less fall colors and feel, but we are here to share what FALL is like in our part of the world, and I am glad you did, I am not so much of a outdoor person but I do enjoy softball as well as baseball and there she looks like an awesome player there, must have a good coach! : )
    Where in Arizona? My husband like to do road trip up there, Sedona is our favorite spot if we need a relaxing time by the stream.
    Thanks for sharing with us this week at Our Beautiful World, it is good to see you playing along this week, and hey, I saw our OBW blog button on your side bar, thanks so much for the shout out!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pix and blog...Know what you mean...they do grow up and interests change...but each one is equally fun and interesting to follow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, there's quite some energy in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photograph of what Fall means to you-"Play Ball!"
    Best wishes,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with you!!. Sweet Kirsty is one inspiring soul and I treasure/love her work too :). I love the capture of life in the photo you'd shared, I love sports however never tried softball. When I was a kid, I played 'rounders' with my brother and his friends ... something like softball sort of :). This photo makes me smile. Thank you for sharing Fall from Arizona with us at Our Beautiful World!.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?