Background

Monday, September 2, 2013

Happiest of Birthdays


This lovely card was built around the Stampin' Up stamp and die set, Apothecary Art stamp set.  The flowered frame was stamped with black Archival ink and the sentiment in the same ink.  The flowers were colored using my Distress Markers (Scattered Straw, Worn Lipstick, Stormy Sky, and Peeled Paint).  A little Scattered Straw was applied to the frame and then cut with the Apothecary Framelits.  The framelits set didn't come with stacking dies, so I fussy cut the piece of pink cardstock to frame my sentiment.  The flowers come from a Making Memories set of paper flowers that is likely at least 3 years old.  I random pearl accent in each center adds to the romantic feel as does the bling swirl out of the flowers.  I used my Scor-Pal to score the eight lines framing the front of the card and then sanded the paper with an emery board.  I really like this technique to frame the card front and with the bold pattern of the paper, it works very well.  The leaves were cut using the Cricut my Picturesque cart and shaped and inked to create dimension. 




The inside begged for a finish.  Here I die cut a Tilted Banner and stamped with the matching sentiment stamp inking the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink.  A layer of the same patterned paper creates a decorative inside. 







Just a couple tiny pearls to accent the sentiment and the inside is done.  This card was made for my boss' birthday from the team.  We needed a black Sharpie to write on that patterned paper, but she knew who we were and it worked lovely.  Happy Birthday, Nancy!

I've entered this card in Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog: Stamping All-Stars and  their Wednesday Challenge blog: Anything Goes.  They are always good fun, come on over and join us.

I've also entered this card in The Shabby Tea Room's Week #182 Sweet Summertime.  Check it out.




8 comments:

  1. Andie, this card is delicious! The flowered card stock is so painterly and beautiful. I also own this set of stamps, and the one you used is my fave. I haven't seen that scoring technique. It is ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - fabulous papers and such a beautiful surround to the sentiment. It has that vintage feel/look and I love it. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful collage of elements Andie, this is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these wonderful flowers, Andie! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Andie! Your flowers look amazing! Such a pretty colored stamp! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so sweet with a real vintage and shabby chic feeling. Love the flowered paper you have used in the background. The stamped flowers and sentiment look perfect! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am planning a dinner/get together with some local bloggers next weekend and wanted to see if you were interested in joining us. Just shoot me an email and I'll send you all the deets! abusybee24 at yahoo dot com
    Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?