Background

Monday, September 30, 2013

Celebrating 23725 Days of You

The dearest Jan, my co-worker of the famous sage bush incident,  had a momentous birthday last week.  I made this special card for her to highlight the occasion.  I'd kept the post from you to keep it a surprise for her and forgot all about it until now.

It's tough to say where all the patterns came from.  Most are MME's The Sweetest Thing- Tangerine.  However, there is a bit of scraps from here and there including the solid cardstock which are pieces from the scrap pile.  It feels good to use these scraps- so efficient.  However, with all the paper in the Scrapbox, I sometimes wonder if I could afford to let a scrap or 1,000 go.  Oh well, no sense changing who I am now.

The chipboard elements (border on the left and the buttons) came from MME's The Sweetest Thing- Lavender collection.  One of the ladies at work was taken aback by the "60" on one of the chipboard buttons.  Then I pointed out how each button has a different number, the theme??, get it???  O.K., I'm weird I know.  We've established this before (remember the sage bush flower incident mentioned above?).  Moving on... the swirls were cut using my Floral Flourish dies and the frame for the "of you" portion of the sentiment was cut from my Stampin' Up Apothecary Accents Framelits.  The oval was cut using my Creative Memories oval cutters.
 
 

The inside demanded some attention.  The sentiment was stamped using my Peacock Feathers Distress Ink (a new favorite, perhaps?).  I ended up using my Stampin' Up paper piercing Essentials Pack to pierce the shape into the cream cardstock and fussy cut the shape following the piercing.  The patterned paper creates a ribbon like effect and it just seemed like some pearls would add to the feel.

What do you think?  Great card for a milestone birthday?  She loved it and was very touched.  Not nearly as touched as I feel when I think about my friend who I hope will stay close long after the work is over.

Happy Birthday, Jan!  I love you!

ETA:  I entered this card in the Ready-Made Embellishment Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.   There's still a few weeks to come join the fun.  The challenge closes on October 21st.  I also entered this card in Simon Say Stamp Monday Challenge: Say It With Stamps.  There's still a little time to join the fun.

 





6 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful fabulous card. I love love the numbers theme and I'm not going to work out how old she is :-) Love it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, I love the colors and your many pretty layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card...I bet she loved it..all those pretty details!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many fun elements on this card! I adore the sentiment, too....what a great way to wish someone a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card, it reminds me of a beautiful handmade quilt! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Andie! Thanks for linking this up to the Ready-Made Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?