Background

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mini Memo Book


My co-worker, Jan- who will forever be know as crafty, shared this lovely gift with me and I thought I'd snap a few pictures and share with you.  The envelope is made from a piece of felt that was cut with pinking shears.  A simple seam up each side and a slit cut for the button (which is sewn on and the twine added later) and you have a delightful container for ....


A handmade journal.  The journal contains kraft paper pages with no adornment.  This lovely gift was given to Jan by a close friend and she shared it with me as we often discuss my crafty endeavors.  She has thought this gift to be so thoughtful and useful that she agreed to let me photograph it for the blog.  I don't know exactly where it was purchased but we suspect Jan's friend picked it up at a local craft show.







The book appears to be bound with twine in a fashion similar to the instructions I found here.  The front embellishment appears to also be handcrafted with more felt pieces cut with a pinking shears and a wire hand in heart piece attached with white thread.













   

What do you think my friends?  Lovely, no?  I'm so glad that Jan shared this gift with me.  I've filed it in my ideas list and intend to use it for a gift sometime soon.  If I get around to it, I'll post the results for you to enjoy too.


2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely idea and no doubt has your creative juices flowing :-) Happy Hump day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tiny things, they are cute, and this one is EVER CUTER!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?