Background

Monday, August 5, 2013

Just Saying Thanks

Just playing around with my MME Ooh La La For Her 6 x 6 paper pad.  I don't regularly create cards that open from the bottom like this one, but the design really works.  I recently picked up a Sizzlets die set Decorative Swirls.  The green cardstock swirls were cut from one of the dies in the set.  The flowers were stamp and cut from my Heartfelt Creations Posy stamps and dies set using coordinating paper from the paper pad.












The sentiment was stamped and cut using my Tilted Banners set.  I spritzed some Glimmer Glam over the patterned paper and I think it really ties in the polka dots from the bottom later of paper.  I layered paper from the paper pad on the inside to add a decorative touch.  This was a quick card and it's already been sent off to my grandma.  She's always being thoughtful and I can't ever say thank you enough.  She's of the old school who corresponds regularly with folks through the mail (though the older she gets the fewer folks are around to correspond with).  I know she looks forward to receiving mail so I never miss an opportunity to make sure she's getting some mail.

I'm linking this up over at Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #91: Anything Goes and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.  Come join the fun!

4 comments:

  1. i absolutely love those flowers on the side, they are gorgeous...and your colour combo is fab one of my all time faves

    thanks for taking part at the POLKA DOT Challenge at CREATIVE CORNER CHALLENGES this week


    Love Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Lovely mix of patterns! Thank you for joining us in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous design layout. I really like the patterns and colors, and all the gorgeous flowers. Thanks so much for stopping by to share in our challenge this week. Please join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - love the papers and there are those beautiful flowers! Have a fabulous week Andie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?