Background

Monday, August 19, 2013

It's Finished!


The gardens were so colorful and vibrant, we spent a great deal of time walking through with amazement. My young (at the time) daughter just loved all of them, skittering from plant to plant pointing and exclaiming.


More posing in front of displays, These two pages are accented with my Heartfelt Creations Delicate Aster stamps and dies and accented with the Spellbinders Floral Flourish dies.  The closest we made it to gambling was an afternoon stint at Circus Circus.  Since this was a trip when financial challenges abounded, we resisted the temptation to spend money on entertainment.  Two exceptions were the trip to the M & Ms store where we bought some expensive (for M & Ms) hand selected varieties of the candy treat and some game playing at Circus Circus. 
This is where I have to disclose- my husband is highly competitive.   I think I've mentioned his stint as a softball coach.  Occassionally, his need to win comes out and he successfully "beats" young girls.

This layout is proof that he doesn't always win.  The entire family played this racehorse game.  The object was to slide balls into targeted holes to move your racehorse along the course.  You've probably seen this game at the county fair.  When the race was over, the man walked over and handed our daughter a toy giraffe.  She was the winner. 

Since I didn't leave much room for journaling on this page, the story is relegated to the back of the page (with a highlight on the front page story). 

All in all, I'm so pleased to have finished this.  I have a few cards that I now have to get photographed and posted.  It seems this is the season for weddings and birthdays so I've a few requirements to meet before I can think again about getting some more planned projects finished and maybe catch up a bit on my scrapbooking.




This picture of the front page was snapped in order to get the post up.  I've typed out a vacation "story" that will fill the space under my title. It seemed wiser to get this all posted than to wait until I get that story down.  Thanks for bearing with me during these longer posts and the amount of time that it took me to get them posted.  I appreciate all the kind comments.  They've seriously encouraged me!





1 comment:

  1. Yay finished!! One down ..... to go :-) Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?