Background

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mini-book



These pictures of my surf girl are the most enjoyable for me.  I really tried to keep the embellishments simple to make her the star of this show.  I am pleased with how this worked out, because I do think she is the star.  Katie was one of the girls to get up on the board more than once during the short weekend camp.  Those softball skills come in handy in more ways than one- a sense of balance doesn't hurt either. 



The book still needs journaling, but I've left that for Katie.  There's room for some side comments and a little storytelling.  She's not much for the long winded discussions (unless it's on her teenager terms), so I'll be very curious what happens here.  I just photographed these before because the teenage eye rolls are too frequent as it is.  I can hear it now, "Mooommm, I don't want "my stuff" all out there on your blog!".  I did not seek or desire input on the pics though...

Just simply lovin' the whole thing.  I've only a few more pictures to edit and I can get the final set posted.  Hopefully tonight, but more likely tomorrow night!



2 comments:

  1. I've been so busy that I haven't commented on the book posts, but shoot this book is awesome. She can keep rollin' them eyes. ;) Can't wait to see the last photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are another set of great photos. Teenagers always roll their eyes LOL! But when she is older and has these fabulous memories to look back on - she will be thanking you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?