Background

Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Little Hi


Just stopping in to say a little "Hi".  I thought I would put one of the paper pads I purchased at the scrapbook convention to good use.  I mean, the convention was back in April which is fully three months or a quarter of a year ago!  It's time to use it, not file it away in the Scrapbox.

The paper pad is MME's Ooh La La For Her.  Such soft lovely colors and tiny, intricate designs.  I once again reached for my Heartfelt Creations Posy stamps and dies and the Spellbinders Floral Flourish.  The larger leaves were cut from  Cricut's Picturesque cartridge [Leaves].  

The patterned grid was cut using Cricut's Craft Room.  I haven't spent a lot of time in this online software.  As such, I've not found it to be particularly intuitive.  However, it works well enough that I can totally make my way around and create simple cuts.  This particular cut is a Teresa Collin's Basic- Imperial.  I went looking and couldn't find this cut on the Cricut.com website.  It might have been an exclusive that is no longer available.  Guess I'm glad I scooped this cut up.

All stamping and edging is done with my trusty Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  A few little pearls in the corner bring your eye to the tiny Hi.  I stamped the sentiment on one of the shapes pulled out of the patterned grid after cutting and adhered it with a teeny, tiny piece of foam tape to create some depth and bring it forward a bit. 

The inside was just too plain so I pulled a trick from my bloggy friend, Karon, and stamped a posy in the corner, layered up on patterned paper.  I added a little glitter glue to the center which just bled the ink... a little messy finish, but I'm going to claim a design to add sparkle to the inside...

This card was sent off to encourage a young lady battling a serious health complication.  I hope it brightened her day!

I've entered this card in Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge: Celebrate! and Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #90: Anything Goes!  Come on over and join the fun.



5 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful card Andie. I love those papers and those flowers are so beautiful. Adding the little flower to the inside really does make it look less stark:-) Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! All those flowers are AMAZING! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO super gorgeous, Andie! I just adore those soft sweet and colorful flowers. What a delightful card, and I thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and share with us this week. It's a blessing to have you share your talents with us. I look forward to seeing more from you - God has definitely given you MUCH talent. Thanks for letting us share the gifts He has given you. Please stop by again soon.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those flowers. Love them! And the pearl centers are delightfully perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card!! I love your flowers and the pearls set them off to perfection. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?