Background

Monday, May 13, 2013

Oh My, I'm blushing! It really is a Moxie Fab World

You all have seen me make mention of Cath and her blog, Moxie Fab World, many times over the past years.  It is one of the few places that I frequent regularly on the internet.  Working full time just simply sucks up a lot of my extra time, so I chose my internet time wisely (or try to).  The Moxie Fab World has just the right mix of various informational posts and challenges.  I'll play along with challenges (rarely) but always check in and read the posts.

I watch others crafting posts and the prolific and beautiful creations are always inspiring.  Maybe its because we're getting my daughter ready for her 8th grade formal dance, but I relate the craft watching as somewhat like my high school dances.  I'm a joiner enough that I almost always went to the dances, but I'm an introvert enough to have spent a good deal of the time on the sidelines being a wallflower.  Not the kind of "wish I were out there enjoying myself" wallflower, but the kind of "I love people watching and this is so much fun" wallflower.  I realize this admission could label me a "geek" or "weirdo", but it's been a long time since high school and so I've had a lot of time to get use to and realize the truth of any label someone might use to describe me. :)  I'd occasionally be asked to dance with a boy and I'd do my best interpretation/imitation of dancing liked I'd watched others do.  Sometimes it worked out, often I think I must have looked like the short, gawky teenager that I imagined in my head.  Crafting and blogging sometimes feels that way too- I can imitate the creativity of others and sometimes attain the finished result that I'm looking for.  In the end even if I could compare myself with others and come out wanting, I'm always just so satisfied to have participated.  I'm a joiner!

I'm going to own that I can get unreasonably excited about some things.  *Squeal*  I'm super excited to share with you that I'm featured today over at the Moxie Fab World as the Moxie Fabber of the Week.  This is why I'm blushing.  I'm not good at tooting my own horn- it's a form of calling attention to oneself that no self-respecting introvert really seeks out.  And I'm a card carrying member of the introverts club.  However, I'm very pleased to have been asked to share about myself and hope that my sharing might encourage others.  If you've every thought- "my contributions aren't good enough" or "no one wants to see what I've been doing", you are wrong and I'm proof!

So, go check it out- Moxie Fabber of the Week.  Don't look too closely at any pictures of me.  I'm not sure they really look like me- I've got a much-bigger, more-stupid-looking grin on my face today.


Andie


4 comments:

  1. Woooohooo! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just been over to see the post - it's awesome and I finally get to see you! Well Hello there my friend:-) Thanks for the little shout out too:-) I have to admit at not hearing of this Moxi Fab place - terrible I know! Well I am now a follower over there as it looks like such a fabulous place. Thanks for sharing about your self Andie - feel I have got to know you just that little bit more. Have a great week. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andie,
    Congratulations!!! I enjoyed reading about you and seeing your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andie! Congrats. I really enjoyed your interview and can see Tim's influence in your cards. I admire your arty style - i love getting inky too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?