Background

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Happy Father's Day- Early Peak


My grandparents were in town for a wedding celebration.  This is just one big excuse to celebrate Mother's Day (*late*) and Father's Day (*early*).  The way I look at it, celebrating at 43 years old with your grandparents is a good thing, no matter whether you've marked the right Hallmark day on the calendar or not!

This card was created using all scraps and the Mojo Monday Sketch- 293.  The striped patterned paper was a lonely 5 x 12 inch scrap that became the inspiration for the card.  I needed to make two versions (one for my dad and one for my grandpa) of the card, so I didn't have enough paper for any kind of layering.  The Mojo Monday sketch afforded the perfect use for small scraps.  Then it was a trip through the other paper scraps to find coordinating pieces of cardstock to embellish the remaining parts of the card.

The bow was a forgone conclusion- omit, omit, omit!  However, I'm very pleased with the final design, simple enough that my boys didn't immediately toss it away and nice enough to post on the blog- winner!  



The sentiment was printed on my printer and the circle distressed a little with some black Archival Ink.  I stamped the "enjoy" from one of my Fiskars cling stamp sets onto the paper that I embossed using my Scor-Pal.  I can't decide whether the "enjoy" is crooked or not.  Just when I've decided it is uniform I realize the stamp is probably crooked on purpose.  At least that's my story!

Even though I didn't get this post written (we've been celebrating, remember?!!), I did post the card over at Mojo Monday for their challenge.  For the design-challenged amongst us, check them out.  Their sketches are easy to follow and allow you enough input to make simple and/or complex cards with their designs.  Hey, if I can follow them then you can too!

1 comment:

  1. A really wonderful card - love the colours and the love fonts for the sentiments!! TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?