Background

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Darling, Sweet and Delightful



This little 6 x 6 paper pad from MME has really caught my fancy.  I'm almost out of paper, but there's just something sweet and alluring about the patterns from The Sweetest Thing- Tangerine set.  The flowers cut with my Heartfelt Creations Posy dies are simply sublime.  The flowers were created by shaping them with my Heartfelt Creations mat and stylus and layered together.  That center portion is the very smallest flower that was shaped and then petals pressed into the center on each other.  Darlin'!


The ribbon is a length of cotton, ruffled ribbon that was originally a cream color.  I simply spritzed the ribbon with my Glimmer Mist in a pink color.  There is a fair bit of variation in the color, but that adds to the vintage feel of this card.  Finally, I cut the banners on the outside from a piece of pattered paper, curling the edges up to add dimension.  The cardstock base was embossed using my Scor-Pal.  It really makes this card look fun. 



On the inside I stamped using my Tilted Banners Sayings to stamp on a die cut piece of coordinating paper.  This is a card I'm pleased with how it turned out and the sentiment is broad enough for a lot of different uses.  I'm going to have to move on to a new paper pack soon...

I've entered this card into the Simon Says Stamp: Flower Power challenge.

Andie

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card - I love those flowers and how you finished the centres! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. These 3D flowers are amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Flower Power Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?