Background

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Word Art Wednesday- Encouraging Card


I found a new challenge blog and thought I might combine a couple of needs and finish up some of my homework from my patterned paper card class.  One of the techniques involved using strips of patterned paper to create a quilt-like embellishment for a card.  This is my take.  I realized that I should have layered more patterned paper to create squares in a quilt about halfway through making this one.  I liked the final result enough that I didn't go back and do that.  The verse came from the Word Art Wednesday challenge blog.  I'm entering this in their challenge from last week.

The quilt and the sentiment are edged in some Worn Lipstick Distress ink and the bling brads come from the stash.  A quick card that came together.  I'm thinking of this technique for another project soon.  If it works, I'll share with you.

Andie

3 comments:

  1. See - another great use of those patterned papers. Thanks for the inspiration Andie. Love this card and the quote. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the paper as patchwork art...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful card in our challenge this week. It's such a blessing to have you join us!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?