Background

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Word Art Wednesday- Challenge #77

I thought I'd get in the mix over at Word Art Wednesday again this week and participate in their Challenge #77.  This is one more card using the fabulous Heartfelt Creations Posy stamp and dies along with my MME The Sweetest Thing- Tangerine paper pad.  The flowers were stamped and cut from white cardstock and colored using a Fantastik and my Peacock Feathers, Ripe Persimmons, Scattered Straw and Worn Lipstick Distress Inks (from left to right on the card).

All layers of paper are edged in Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  What you can't see is my messed up printing job.  The sentiment comes from Word Art Wednesday and I printed onto white cardstock.  The first print job was to the wrong location, printed approximately over the teal flower.  So I ran it through again and it printed right over the location where the teal flower now sits.  This wasn't what I was looking for, so I tried a third time and got it right where you see it.  I've just hidden those two missteps under the patterned paper.
This card will be sent to the mother of one of my co-workers as a get well card.  She's scheduled for surgery this week and I thought the flowers might brighten her day and the verse would be an encouragement.

This card is a loose interpretation of the Mojo Monday 290 sketch.  I'm going to enter this into their challenge as well.  Time's almost up on this week's challenge, but they'll have another one up tomorrow.  I've also entered this card in the Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes! challenge.  Come join the fun.
Andie

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love those flowers, and that verse sentiment, especially. :) Thanks for playing along in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andie, This is absolutely gorgeous and you've done a stunning job with this week's scripture word art. It blesses us to have you share this in our challenge, and I hope that you are being blessed as you create and fellowship with us. It's really a wonderfully beautiful card. Thank you so much for sharing!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This another stunning creation - I really do love these flowers that you have made. Beautiful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is neatly gorgeous...Love the different colors of the flowers and how you incorporated this week's WAW Word Art. It's wonderfully elegant! Thanks for blessing us with your awesome project this week at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?