Background

Monday, April 15, 2013

2013 Heartfelt Creations Class- Decorative 3-D Cards


It is that time of year again.  Brandy and I made our annual trek to the CK Scrapbook convention in Mesa, Az.  You may have read about our beginnings- Brandy and I became friends over scrapbooking.  This turned into a general love of papercrafting and this blog was born.

I thought I would try to get photos of the product of our classes posted.  We've talked before about our strategy for taking classes at the convention.  It bears mentioning, we're picky.  We feel like we've seen a lot of what's out there or can find a tutorial on the internet.  We tend to look at classes from the standpoint of value.  Heartfelt Creations provides the kind of value we're looking for- each class comes with a free $15.99 stamp set.

Our first lovely card utilizes acetate to create this beautiful window effect.  The window stamp comes with a full frame which we cut off to create the scroll worked window panes.  Simply bending the window at the frame and gluing down behind the die cut coordinating frame produces this lovely effect.  Some glue and glitter applied to the scenic stamped image behind the frame creates a little drama to draw interest.  The posy flowers were stamped and cut with the coordinating Posy dies.  You'll notice I've munched the sentiment stamp during class... proof I'm a more considered stamper and in the rushed atmosphere I blew it.  I'll have to do some kind of card repair 101 on this before using- I'm thinking patterned paper strip with a solid cardstock sentiment, maybe some ribbon.





This easel card came pre-cut.  We used glitter (usually Art Glitter's Autumn Leaves and Lichen) to embellish the pre-stamped, rose-entwined gate and the tiny little butterfly. We glued the pre-cut fence and gate to the front portion of the easel card.





Simply bending the gate once the glue dried created our 3-D effect on the card.   The paper small amount of paper on these cards is from the fabulous Timeless Amour paper collection.  The paper is beautiful enough to stand alone on the page.  The picture does not do it justice.











  The last card is relatively unfinished.  The style is more stunning in person.  The card base was pre-cut.  We simply glued the pre-cut Layered Elegant Swirl die cuts to the scalloped edged.  The flower design sold me on the Vintage Floret flower dies.  I have an ancient Sizzix Tag-a-long die cut machine.  This machine is limited to 2" widths.  However, I can make anything small work.  Most of this die set fits.
The flower was white embossed onto vellum and die cut.  We used a pink marker on the reverse side of the flower to color the edges of the flower before layering to create the focal point on this card. 

The leaves were glued to the opposite side of the card.  I see a very soft, white insert on this card.  I am going to keep the inside plain until I find the perfect use.

This card got a thumbs up from the hubby.  It's kinda rare for him to single out any one thing I create even though he is very positive and supportive. Must be an extra special design!

We had such a fun weekend at the convention.  This 3-D class started things off. Both Brandy and I just love the instruction, finished product and the gift of being to pick out a new stamp set.  We would both highly recommend any Heartfelt Creations class.

We concluded Friday night at the crop. I'm hoping to get the other class products photographed and blogged this week.  Having taken Friday off, this is going to be a busy week of catching up.  I'm going to give it a good 'ole college try.

Andie

1 comment:

  1. WOW Andie - these cards are stunning. So elegant - love the window with the acetate and then the one with the gate, so effective. And I love the last one - beautiful. WOW again :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?