Background

Friday, April 19, 2013

2013 Heartfelt Creations Card Class- Delicate Asters





This class sold me on the whole Delicate Asters from Heartfelt creations.  These flowers didn't really WOW! on the website when they were first announced.  However, the card class at this year's CK Scrapbook Convention in Mesa, Arizona completely changed our minds.

Brandy and I took this class simply because we loved Heartfelt Creations product.  in the class pictures, the asters weren't really stunning.  I can tell you that the final product is even better than the pictures here.  The flowers are so delicate and the stamping on the flowers even adds dimension. 

 The background stamp and sentiment from the Delicate Asters collection was used.  Fantastiks were used to pick up ink from a stamp pad and brush onto the image to color in the stamped image and glitter added over the color. This card took very little time (we had the background image already stamped on the cardstock) and is basically finished.  I might add to the inside a bit of paper and some stamping when I decide where to use this card.  Until then, this goes in the done pile!


 One of the great aspects of the Heartfelt Creations products is their paper design.  The 12 x 12 papers are designed to work as 12 x 12 or to be cut down into 6 x 6 papers for use on cards.  This card is the perfect example- the background patterned paper is 1/4 of a 12 x 12 piece.  It is the perfect offset for these design details.  Glitter and ink applied with a Fantastik enhance the stamped images. 

This next card is another good example of the background paper and 1/4 of the 12 x 12 patterned paper to create the base.  I decided to wait to stamp the sentiment (which I will place in the upper right corner) until I knew what I wanted to use this card for.  The asters were stamped and then die cut and shaped before gluing together.  Some glitter on the patterned paper finishes this card to wait for it's sentiment.

Another great class from a great company whose designs are always stunning.  Brandy and I would both highly recommend this class to anyone attending a CK Scrapbook Convention this year.

Andie

3 comments:

  1. Oh My goodness Andie - these are stunning!! I love the colours and the added glitz is done perfectly!! Beautiful. Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy papers. Now I'm regretting skipping the CKC that was just in my area. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, I love seeing your comments come up on my blog now as being from "Andie" because at the very beginning I always wondered which of you was commenting.

      Oh, and did you mean to take word verification off again? I was totally prepared to suffer through it for you - and only for you. ;) Besides, these cards were so worth commenting on.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?