Background

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Well Hello There!


I'm currently out of town on vacation.  We've spent the week in lovely Newport Beach, California.  The weather has been amazing and though I did squeeze a bit of work in on Tuesday, we've mostly spent our days at the beach.  I've been able to make a few cards for relaxation.  Here's the first of a few.  I'll post the other later as I have more time to write the posts.

Brandy recently celebrated a milestone birthday that  will go nameless.  We, due to a few conflicts, have yet to celebrate together.  Since I knew that our celebration would have to be delayed I've decided to send a letter/card a day to tell her how much I appreciate her friendship, kindness and general fabulousness.  This card will be used to communicate such levels of encouragement and appreciation.  Let's hope work keeps her busy until it arrives.


The card was made using some cream cardstock as the card base.  The patterned paper is from Prima's Botanticals and Madeline paper stacks.   The washi tape is a Recollections set that I colored with my Distress Markers.  The color was difficult to pick up in the photo.  The tape was torn to make the edges uneven.  The frame and Hello stamp come from the Hero Arts Luscious Frames set.  I used the Stamping with Distress Markers technique to color the frame creating the beautiful sentiment.  Everything is edged with Vintage Photo Distress Inks. 

The blog also marked a very momentous (for us) occasion this week.  More on that later.  I'm entering this card into the Moxie Fab World's Washi Tape Challenge.  Come and join the fun!

Andie

4 comments:

  1. Andie, I love your card too! Beautiful Washi tape! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andie - this is such a beautiful card. Please pass on my birthday wishes to Brandy and hope you are enjoying your time away. Beach or snow hmmm! wish I was at the beach:-) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Andie. Never thought to color and/or tear the washi tape. What great idea! Love the butterflies and LO. Guess I have to go shopping for that FAB butterfly tape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Andie! Thanks for linking this up to the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?