Background

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Patterned Paper Class- Day 3



Day 3 of my Patterned Paper class covered using bold patterned paper.  I am not so sure how I succeeded in using bold paper on this card.  The tip that I was striving for was to use a bold  pattern to create accent pieces for your card.  these three circles were actually cut from the bolder side of these papers and I just loved how these softer patterns looked together (that flower was so accidentally cut, you probably don't believe it wasn't on purpose).  The Hello stamp comes from my Hero Arts Luscious Frames set.  It fit well, so I went with it.

Everything is edged in Fired Brick Distress stain.  I picked a flower from the stamp set and stamped one on the inside corner.  Then I realized the card didn't fit in the envelope I chose so I cut the card down.  Only then did I realize  I cut the flower off.  So, I added two more stamped flowers to create a bundle that *maybe* doesn't look like I'm a dork.

Super simple, but I  really like how it finished.  Not overwhelming and just the right sentiment.

By the way, if you haven't commented on our recent post regarding our blog milestone, please click the link provided.  Blog candy is available to you should you win the random drawing!

Andie

2 comments:

  1. Definitely not a dork!! :-)

    This CAS card is stunning - it is really effective. And until I read the post completely, I was thinking what a great idea to offset the flower stamp! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like that you "bled" the flower off the end of the card. I'm such a fail at CAS, but you rocked this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?