Background

Monday, March 25, 2013

Pattern Play- Day 4 Altering Patterned Paper


This day's lesson is on using methods to modify the patterned paper.  The challenge was to use tricks like glitter, sewing, etc. to modify the patterned paper.  In this card, I used a Pearl Pen to alter cream colored polka dots on this striped paper .  The cool part is that the dots were uneven and non-uniform.  This helps my shaky handed, non-uniform application of the pearl pen.

The sentiment came from an old Martha Stewart stamp set (I wouldn't recommend her older sets as this one can be tough to use).  The size was just perfect to create a subtle sentiment on that paper strip.  I used Seedless Preserved Distress ink to stamp and edge the patterned paper.  The cream cardstock strip was altered with Scattered Straw Distress Ink.  The tiny flower was fussy cut from a spare scrap of the flower patterned paper.  I edged this very small piece with the Seedless Preserves as well which covered up a bit of my shaky handed cutting on the small piece of paper.  I didn't snap a picture of the inside, but I used a small strip of the same strip to finish the inside with a coordinating cream cardstock piece replicating that detail from the front.

Although class is over, I am going to try to diligently post the remaining cards this week.  Work is being a bit of a challenge so I won't promise, just try diligently.  If you haven't taken a look at the Pattern Play class yet, it is not too late.  I've enjoyed this class, though it is a bit shorter than my previously classes.  You can still participate by watching the daily videos and posting your works.  Click through the link to find out more information. 

By the way, if you haven't commented on our recent post regarding our blog milestone, please click the link provided.  Blog candy is available to you should you win the random drawing!  Enter by Sunday, March 31st to win.

Andie

2 comments:

  1. Now that's a lot of pearl dots! Such a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW Andie - love the added pearl dots and again the great combination of patterened papers. Thanks for sharing all your creations. Also, thanks for the lovely comment of support on my blog, its much appreciated. I didn't pinch Shannon's loom, she made the flower for me!:-) Of course I am going to pay her for her time:-) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?