Background

Monday, March 4, 2013

Online Card Classes- Pattern Play

 I've gone and done it again.  I've signed up for another of the online class over at Online Card Classes. If you've followed this blog you might remember last year's Creative Chemistry 101 class.   This gem of a class was taught online via email, pdf documents and online video content by none other than the rock star of papercrafting, Tim Holtz.  Creative Chemistry 101 is still available to users.  The interactive format is no longer available, but I can tell you that the one-on-one instructional videos from Tim are some of the most valuable content around.  Your registration provides you with the class content for the life of their business.  I can still login and access all video content, galleries, and forum questions.  No further interaction is available, but I can guarentee that you'll find this class useful if you have any of Tim's Distress line of products and want to know how to use it more fully.

Two years ago, Brandy and I participated in a Summer Card Class hosted by Online Card Classes.  This class focused on color combinations and really took me out of my color comfort zone.  I can't say that I experienced dramatic shifts in the color palettes I used after this class, but it sure was fun participating. 

Each online class comes with a login to the classroom website.  Weekly lessons are taught via video content that is accessed on the website.  The instructor provides visual and verbal instructions in that day's lesson/technique.  At the end of each lesson, a challenge is given for you to exercise the technique that you were taught.  An online forum is available to ask questions and interact with fellow class members.  An online gallery is also available for you to share your finished product with other members of the class.  Often several posts are made during the week that include examples of the technique made by class instructors, additional challenge and information, sometimes they might include additional content for that week.  All communication and alerts are made via your email so that you stay up to date on what's going on in class.  This is a fun way to challenge myself (something I really need) and just stay active in my crafting. 

The latest class I decided to join is hosted by Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner.  In fact these two have been a part of each of the classes we've taken and both make excellent teachers.  The class is called Pattern Play:


Class starts the week of March 18th.  It doesn't matter where you live, the content goes "live" at midnight EST.  You can participate daily (very difficult for my full time working self) or when you get around to it.  The live content part of the class (where you can post to the forum and galleries) usually ends a few days/week after the last day of class.  However, like I mentioned above, the class is always available and you can go back to the galleries for inspiration.

If you haven't given this kind of class a try, check them out.  The content has always been good (if not always as great as that provided by Tim!!!).  For the price, I enjoy the interaction and challenges.  Brandy will be out of town the week of the 18th and cannot participate (can we all say AWW!!! together now?).  That means if you sign up, let me know and I'll keep an eye out for you and we can chum around wishing Brandy were there together.

Andie

2 comments:

  1. You little temptress, this sounds like lots of fun... hmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet your bottom dollar I'm a temptress or maybe I just like to spread a little of the goodness around! I'm waiting (if not so patiently!).

      Delete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?