Background

Friday, March 29, 2013

It's Friday, But Sunday Is a Comin'


On this Good Friday I thought to share my Easter creation for this year.  Inspiration has been brewing for a couple of years.  Several years ago our church showed the video below on Easter morning.  The message was spot on and moving.

Then, I happened across Market Street Stamps and their Here Comes the Sun stamp.  It was the perfect marriage of inspiration and tool.  I used my Close to My Heart  Buttercup ink to stamp the sunshine image.  The sentiment was printed with my HP printer and Word.  The inside top face had the prose from the video typed in.  The bottom face simply stated Sunday is a comin'.

For me, this is Easter.  It is always darkest before the dawn and that was true on the first Good Friday ever.  This message reminds me of the hope that I have in the finished work that Jesus completed on the cross.  It's worth celebrating as we mark this Good Friday.  Just when we think we can't take any more we should remember that it's only Friday, but Sunday's coming....


Enjoy!





I am going to enter this card in the March Monthly Challenge: Add a Little P.O.P over at the Inspiration Journal.

 Andie

3 comments:

  1. It's such a wonderful card Andie. Love the colour and the message behind the card:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh here comes the sun. I really like your sentiment and the meaning. Thank you for playing along at Just A Scrappin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card-love the message & meaning! Thanks for joining us at Just A Scrappin'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?