Background

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pattern Play Day 1- Thinking of You

I just had to share this card with you all.  It represents a stretching of my natural comfort zone and a final result I am so pleased with.  The lesson for this day was to plan your card out using patterned papers to create visual effects.  The example card used three circles with different patterned papers filling the negative space.  I didn't have the same dies, so this is my take on the card.  My circle die is from my old Quickutz set that creates a circle frame leaving the three empty spots and then a smaller circle to be placed inside.  I thought the pattern very busy, so I ended up using two coordinating pieces of paper with a bit bolder print.



I had an epic fail version where I tried to stamp a border onto the kraft paper.  I really didn't like the result- the border patter was too busy, the ink too dark once stamped on the kraft paper.








I think you are compelled to agree with me- this didn't work.  I found a scrap of blue paper from the Prima Madeline paper pack and slid it in place... magic.  I cut the piece down to size, edged everything in Vintage Photo Distress Ink and I think we have a winner.

The sentiment stamp comes from a Close to My Heart set.  The circle "frame" is adhered using foam tape.  I selected the orientation to create some uniformity for my matchy, matchy eye by rotating the wheat sheaf to move toward the left in the top circle and toward the right in the bottom circle.  A final piece of twine and the card is finished. 


Time passes so quickly.  Just a reminder, don't forget to comment on our post regarding a milestone for our blog.  Click the link provided and leave a comment before March 31st, 2013.  Blog candy is available to you should you win the random drawing!

Andie

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - this is fabulous. What a mix of papers!! But they work!!!! Wonderful creation. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andie! Thanks for linking this up to the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?