Background

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lovely Internet Friendships

How much do you love the doily stamping?!!!?!!
Look what I received in the mail Thursday!  I felt like a giddy little school girl.  Ok, that sentence needs a little background.

I am a confessed introvert.  I think Brandy qualifies as well, but there is some debate if hers is inherent or caused by the long hours at work which demand some time alone after all that time spent with others.  As a confessed introvert, I will gladly tell you that making friends is a challenge to me.  This is why blogging has become such a wonderful gift.  I can follow a lady's blog and she doesn't really have to know me, there's no compulsion for her to respond.  Yet, I know what a tentative crafter I am so I feel compelled to comment on blog posts and offer the kind and type of encouragement that I crave and need.  Then the most wonderful of events, your blog friends reach out and comment on your posts.  From there the blog friendships grow.  And transform into challenges and reciprocation that thrills my heart.

I received this lovely card in the mail this week.  Ms. Jessica blogs her scrapbooking and other random paper crafting over at Errant Scraps.  I specifically mentioned Jessica in a post earlier this month.  I had scraplifted Brandy's card design after receiving a kindly meant challenge from Jessica.  Jessica took my challenge and made this card.  After making her take on the card, she dropped it in the mail to me.  You can see that Jessica lifted the embossed background, the black matting and the floral details.  Then she all up and knocked it out of the park tipping that front piece, adding some sewing elements, and second generation stamping to some already lovely patterned paper.  Did you notice how she created her own architectural embellishment with the sewing of the sentiment?  Lovely!  Her complete card recipe:

Lifestyle Crafts Dainty embossing folder, black album liner paper, MME Dear Santa paper, Unity "Grandma's Closet" stamp set (quick, someone tell me I don't need another stamp set!), Tim Holtz Walnut Stain, Recollections Crocheted Doily embellishment.

Please join me in watching Jessica grow and share her creations over at Errant Scraps.  I proudly count her among my blog friends and I definitely think you should too!

Andie

3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful post and love the card that you have received. I love the herringbone stitch (at least I think that's what it looks like)around the sentiment. Wonderful vibrant colour too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have missed this in my blogger feed!!! I was just coming over to see if you'd gotten the card, glad I scrolled down. So glad you liked my tweaks on the sketch.

    And isn't that stamp set fab?! I bought it while she was doing a sale during the holidays - and I only got it because I *needed* one that was a freebie with purchase (still haven't used IT).

    Karon, I have no idea what that stitch is called. It looks like a zigzag/chevron on my machine dial and I basically went around twice because I'd oops'ed a spot and was covering it up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our oops can turn out to be some of the most lovely focal points. I've so far resisted the stamp set, but seen two like it and put all three on my wishlist. I don't think I'm going to make it out of this with my wallet untouched....

      Delete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?