Background

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Little Late Christmas Wrapping Idea

Pardon the slightly blurry picture.  I just had to share this cool Christmas wrapping idea with you.  It is late to the blog.  My good friend Keri approached me in early December to once again use my Cricut to make some embellishments.  You might remember her requests for birthday parties (you can view here and here with the single most popular post by this blog eva!). 

Since Keri is such a good friend and I always enjoy her creative inspiration I rapidly agreed to help.  Her request was to cut out single letters using my Cricut Platin Schoolbook cart.  The letters were cut at 2", 4", and 6" (I think!?).  Matching letters were cut from coordinating cardstock and adhered together to reinforce the tag.  Keri's idea was to use the letters to indicate who the present was for instead of traditional tags.  All packages were wrapped in kraft paper and wired Christmas ribbon wrapped around the package.  A hole was punched in the top of the letter and tied to the ribbon with a piece of fiber (whatever Christmasy color that was on hand).  Different colors and styles of patterned paper were used so that folks with the same letter (Alexis and Aiden) could still figure out which present was for whom. 

Tell me that wasn't a cool and hip idea?  I warned Keri that any picture of contagiously crafty ideas text to me are automatically subject to the disclaimer that they may be used on the blog.  She graciously acknowledged said warning so I've shared with you here.  I also warned her that after the appropriate 1-2 year wait I fully intend to snag her idea and put it into good practice myself.  I've bookmarked this idea...

I've heard rumors that a new request for party help might be in the works.  No details yet, but the cost of my help has now become understood- I get to share Keri's great ideas and final product with all of you.  I can't wait to get busy....

Andie

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of tagging with an initial. Would work for shower gifts and the like also. Because let me tell you, the showers and weddings that I've been to lately could use some really fun wrappings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is a neat idea!! That's the one thing I miss about Christmas since emigrating to Canada - Its only us and the girls, so we do the girls pressies each in one different patterned papers and then their stockings from Santa in another colour. We still wait until Christmas Eve to put things under the tree - so they don't see them till Christmas morning:-)

    Have a great day and maybe I'll pinch this idea for the future - way in the future when I have grand kids:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?