Background

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Paper Bows




One last quick post to share with you some crafty fun I enjoyed while dressing my Christmas gifts.  I found myself tired of the old curling ribbon routine and all the store bought bows were smashed, so I trolled around the internet and stumbled upon these instructions for making paper bows over at Splitcoaststampers.  Viola! My package decorations were made.  I have found that as my children grow older (14 and 16 now!) gifts are more expensive and, thus, fewer in number.  This makes dressing each package doable. 








Here's a few of the packages under the tree.  Like my decorations on the tree, I like eclectic looks for my packages.  No uniformity for me.  We collect a bunch of gift bags and wrapped gifts in boxes depending upon the availability of supplies and the ease of packaging.






















These are just a few of the bows I made.  You can see the ornament tags I created earlier in the week hanging from each package.  This was all in good fun and with the kids help, Christmas hasn't been a rushed affair this year.  We're looking forward to a simple, but delicious dinner this evening and watching a movie together- maybe the Lord of the Rings rewatch.  Either way, we are all hoping this finds you enjoying your Christmas wherever it finds you.

Andie


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful bows Andie - and your gift tags look fabulous on the presents. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?