Background

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Masquerade

 

Brandy's Aunt Ruth decided that she wanted to host a party recently.  After a little discussion that I am not sure how the subject came up, the idea of masquerade bloomed.  Brandy, of course, volunteered to make up the masks and bring them to the party.  I'm going to share with you her creations.





This first set of masks was for a couple, Michael and Marissa.  Marissa wasn't into the whole feather thing and Michael wasn't going to be either so the idea of a mask resembling the green man was born.  Because green is Andie's favorite color, these set are her favorite masks.





Feathers, butterflies and more- oh my!
















Brandy's second favorite after Aunt Ruth's mask (see below).




Andie's second favorite.  It has *everything* to do with the green butterfly!






Brandy's Aunt Ruth wore a dress adorned with red flowers.  This mask was made special for Aunt Ruth and is Brandy's favorite of all the creations.














I've saved Brandy's least favorite for last.  I am certain that the only reason this is the least favorite is because Brandy's mind saw something different because this mask is fabulous and rightly captures Brandy's love for the purple and her attraction for butterflies.






What do you think?  Beautiful, yes?  How about stunning, eh?  Brandy's creativity constantly amazes me.  She can take and idea, make it her own and produce some of the most lovely crafts.  This rates right up there.  Although Brandy doesn't always have time to post here on the blog, I usually make certain that she knows about and reads all your comments.  Please join me in encouraging her to more creativity as the year closes.  I can't wait to see what comes next!

Brandy (through Andie)

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Brandy - they are stunning and I bet everyone was thrilled. Hope the party went well:-) have a great week both:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I feel a need to have a Masque. What gorgeous work - and personally, my favorite is the last one. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?