Background

Monday, November 5, 2012

When Friends Gather Together- Digi Stamp


I'm going to admit something- I never achieved any sort of competency at coloring.  Oh how my anal retentive, perfectionist tried when I was a kid.  No coloring outside of the lines (at least intentionally!), no creative license.  In fact (when I was particularly young- I'll keep the actual age to myself), I would become incensed when my sister would "abstract" her art and scribble all over the page.  Secretly, I think her own perfectionist thought that she would destroy anything not perfect, however, her claim was that she was making art a la Jackson Pollack.

Having gone on- this is just my way of self-deprecating humor before I share with you this beautiful digistamp from Clear Dollar Stamps.  The church and the sentiment come from their Assemble Together set.  


























I love how this card turned out.  The image was shaded (so as not to imply any coloring skills!) using Distress Markers and a water pen.  The kraft card was fun to work with as it takes the ink differently than regular cardstock.  I used one of these beauties to send a warm wish to friends we meet with regularly for Bible study.  The verse reminds me how friendship and meeting together is a gift from God and I am thankful for that gift.  I would encourage you to check out Clear Dollar Stamps.  It was quick and easy to pick out this stamp set, purchase and download the image for use.  I think I had this card made in under an hour after purchase.  Yeah!

Andie


1 comment:

  1. Andie this is stunning. You shaded it perfectly. You could use this image on a wedding card, even a Christmas card with some glitter. Fabulous, hope you have a great week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?