Background

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Another Happy Birthday Card



Just a quick post to share a Happy Birthday card I made for one of my ex-coworkers, Jan.  You might remember her lovely and thoughtful gift to me when I was still working- Isn't she clever?

Well, I couldn't let her birthday go by earlier this month, so this is my creation.  I used the twisted card tutorial that I first heard of from Lori over at Papercrafts by SaintsRule!.  Lori is prolific in her crafting and always a pleasure to check in and see what she's been up to.

This card creates pockets that you can hide (like I did on the inside) or make useful.  I can see me tucking a gift card right behind that flower cluster (can you see the dimension?).  The Happy Birthday sentiment was printed using the computer, including the frame.  The image was fussy cut out and adhered with some foam tape to the inside of the card.

Jan is one of those special people that you hope you know the rest of your life.  I am certain she enjoyed her big day and I tried to make certain she knows how precious she is to me.  Nothing says precious like spending your time creating a beautiful card for a loved one.  Happy Birthday, Jan!

Andie

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card - love the swirl and such pretty flowers. What a super card. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?