Background

Friday, September 21, 2012

A Pregnant Chicky

One of the young ladies at work has decided to join us mothers.  It is such a fun time and I just couldn't let her announcement go unanswered.  I whipped up this simple little card to celebrate her preganancy and left it on her desk with a pink and blue baby spoon tied to it.

The both chicks were cut using Cricut's Straight From the Nest cart.  The momma chicky was cut at 2 1/2 in. and the baby chicky was cut at 1 1/4 in.  I cut the base image out of craft paper.  The body is from a K & Co. paper pack scrap and their wings are from a scrap bit of Bazzill dark green cardstock.  I printed the sentiment out from the computer onto a piece of white cardstock and created my card from there.

Quick note, I rarely make my own envelopes.  I usually select the envelope based on the proposed design (bigger if I'm trying to get more on the card and smaller if I'm going simple).  I cut the cards usually from cardstock, though I do have some of the card and envelope sets from Js or Ms.  This is one of the ways that I keep the card making simple enough to do in the 2 hours at the end of the day so that I can surprise my coworker the next day.  Without this shortcut, I probably wouldn't make something at the last minute, would get frustrated about not using my stash and give up on this whole creative thing.  Have I mentioned that I am a bit of a nut!?!  Just proof that we all have to do what it takes for each of us to stay crafty.

We'll have to wait and see in the coming weeks whether we can expect a wee little girl or boy.  It is so fun!

Andie


2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?