Background

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Celebrating what is best about America

My grandfather, Robert Burrows, Sr.

My grandfather was part of the greatest generation who went over to Europe in World War II and fought for freedom.  Today as I celebrate America's independence,  I think of him.  This photo was snapped when he spoke to a group of graduates at Chaparrel High School in Parker, Colorado last May.  A local veteran's group organized an event where veterans come in and speak about their lives and their experience in the war.  These are important things to pass on as the distance between our children and this major world event increases.  It seems trite (but I don't think it is) to say that we should never forget what it costs to experience the great freedom we enjoy here in the United States.

I love you Grandpa!

Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?