Background

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Softball- it's almost over


This is just a preview of fun to come this week.  My daughter, Katie, finished her spring recreation softball season this past week.  We always have a ton of fun and I've let you in on a preview of the celebratory action.  I used my Scor-Pal to score some thin purple cardstock (1 1/2 in x 12 in piece) every 1/4 in. and fan folded the pieces.   I snipped off one end of each fold to mate the two ends perfectly together.  I used Scrappy Tape to adhere the two edges creating the rosette.  I sealed the rosette in place by using a glue gun and a 1 1/2 in. circle cut from my Cricut.

The pictures were easy to make.  I imported the picture into Word.

 I selected the image by clicking on the image which creates the box with circles at the corners you see on the left.  The I selected the Picture Style indicated on the Picture Tools ribbon.  Selecting this Picture Style will display the picture image identified in the image on the left.

After this, we need to size the picture appropriately.  Again, using the Picture Ribbon I modified the height to the size I wanted for my rosettes.  In this case, I cropped to 2.2 in. or slightly smaller than 2 1/4 in. circle.  This leaves an oval image.  We're not done yet. 








I then used the Crop option (shown in the image above) to create a circular crop (rather than the oval previously shown).  To do this, click the Crop button on the Picture Tool ribbon.  This displays black crop corners as seen in the image to the right.  I pull each corner in until the circle surrounds the portion of the image I want to highlight.  You can also move the mouse around in the picture area until the four arrows are displayed.  At this point, the image can be moved behind the crop to adjust positioning.  Play with it until you get what you want.  I made 33 different pictures for use on these cupcake toppers.  I printed the images on 8 1/2 x 11 photo printing paper and cut out the images at 2 1/4 in. circle on my Cricut using the centerpoint cutting option.  You can see that they aren't all symmetrical (there is more white in the upper right quadrant of the image I've cropped).  However, I bet you didn't immediately notice this.  Everyone is so happy to see their face on a cupcake (or their daughter's face) they don't notice.

I've made a few more goodies for the girls.  I'll post them once the party has been enjoyed.  That's enough secrets released for now.  More to come...

Updated:  I posted this project on The Paper Variety's Anything But a Card or Layout challenge.  This is certainly not a card or a layout.  It sure is fun to see all the projects being entered.  Check them out!

Andie


3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea - love them. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea to make cupcake toppers! I LOVE them. So glad you could join us at The Paper Variety for our latest challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever idea....I just love things on a stick! Thanks for linking up with TPV- Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?