Background

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mesa CK Scrapbook Convention

Brandy and I recently attended CK's Scrapbook Convention in Mesa, Arizona.  If you've read our original post which explained why we fashion ourselves viralscrap, you'll know how integral conventions are to our friendship!  As much as both of us hate to be photographed (the ole stalker doesn't like to become the stalked...), I can't resist documenting the event here on our blog.

We started the day off with a 3D card class, rapidly moved to a disappointing Closures class, endured a less than useful digital photography class, went through a little shopping (define "little"), and capped the day off with a sweet Melissa Frances card class.  Singlehandedly, one of the best conventions we've attended yet. 

One of the big highlights for me personally was the chance to attend a class taught by Melissa Frances herself.  Melissa's products have such a lovely pastel color pallette, they have been among my favorite for some time. 
We walked into our last class of the day.  The teacher announced that the regular instructor was not able to be there that day and she introduced herself as none other than Melissa Frances.  I have to tell you that I squealed out loud (though not particularly loudly).  I used Melissa Frances product to create my nephew's scrapbook about 5 years back.  The papers just instantly inspired me.  As such, Ms. Frances will always have a fond place in my heart.  This is a keen example of how important capturing memories with paper is.  I was able to capture his first year (during which I babysat him 5 days a week) in a way that not only put pictures on paper, but encompassed emotion in a way that I still feel today.  I just couldn't resist a picture with Ms. Frances for posterity. 

Certainly conventions have a tender spot in my heart as well.  So you don't get overly sentimental. I cry at coffee commercials, too, making me adupe on the average day.  Either way, this special event just reminds me to appreciate my bestie more.  Thank you for a wonderful weekend getaway, Brandy.  I can't hardly wait 'til next year!

Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?