Background

Monday, May 21, 2012

Melissa Frances Card Class

In a recent post, I mentioned a wonderful card class taught by Melissa Frances that Brandy and I attended at the Mesa, AZ CK Scrapbook Convention.  We really loved the cards, papers and the fact that we came away with extras.

The cards featured these old-timey photos of ladies in their undergarments. Melissa Frances has publicly supported breast cancer causes due to her own previous health concerns. These cards were made using the C'est La Vie Retro Stickers. The card designs were simple layers embellished with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and vintage seam binding ribbons.  The aqua pom pom trim added a really cute effect.  The class was fast paced- we made five cards in 60 minutes including the inking, making bows, and paper layering.  Both Brandy and I were able to keep up and walked away with 5 cards ready for use.

 Oh yeah, I won one of the class door prizes.  They ended up being these lovely banner stickers.  This, of course, prompted a trip to their booth and a *small* purchase of some matching papers and fun tissue paper garland.  I promptly put these supplies to work and made the following cards:

These beautiful papers and embellishments create the sweetest note cards.  I've always  loved Melissa Frances designs and after my nephew's first year scrapbook, her products will always have a special place in my heart.  I'm not sure to what good use I will put each of these, but they are waiting for a purpose.


Andie

4 comments:

  1. Wow- these are so much fun!!! I saw your link on the Cricut MB. So glad I did. I now following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister is going to take this class in June at a conference! I am so glad you shared so I can tell her she is going to make these fantastic cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadia- So glad to have you following. Although I've been posting for a while, the whole keeping up with others is still new to me. I'm heading over to check you out right now!

    Lori- Your sister is in for a treat. I don't know if you saw my previous post, but we had the great fortune of being taught by Ms. Frances herself. Apparently that is not the norm, but I was tickled. You definately get enough stuff to come home (if you add some patterned paper) and make another five cards. Tell your sister I hope she really enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - these cards are fantastic - I'm following too - what wonderful inspiration. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?