Background

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Creative Chemistry- Wrinkle Free Distress Technique

I am woefully behind in posting my work from the Creative Chemistry online class with Tim Holtz.  Here's the work on the wrinkle free distress technique. 




This technique involves swiping Distress Ink pads on the craft mat, spritzing the inks with water and daubing the tag into the inks in random ways to create the final look. 


The result is eclectic and rich in color.  The edges of the tage were further distressed by applying ink using the Ink Blending Tool.




This second tag used much brighter colors along with the standard blues and browns that I already own.



One key learning from this technique is that I really would love to own all of the Distress Ink colors in order to pull out of these inks a richness of color all my own.  Alas, this will not be.  So, I will look for ways to stretch the stash I already own and borrow from good friends (like Brandy) when I need something I don't already own.  Until then, I am thoroughly enjoying my online class, the freedom to try something new (I need an online class for the permission!) and the focus on my paper crafting for a little while.  It is all very refreshing.

Andie













 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?