Background

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Creative Chemistry- Blend and Spritz Technique

Well, here I am trying to squeeze into this Thursday a post of the work I've accomplished during my designated class time for Creative Chemistry 101 online card class.  I've been thoroughly enjoying myself and, though the results are currently very plain, I am pleased with the results of my practicing.  Today I thought to share Tuesday class homework- the blend and spritz technique using Distress Ink and the Ink Blending Tool


The technique involves multiple Distress Ink pads and using the blending foam on the Ink Blending Tool.  Multiple colors of ink are applied in a circular motion on the tag, layering the colors to blend and create the visual effect you see.  After the desired color combination is acheived, water is flicked onto the surface creating the water drop effect.  I do have a limited selection of Distress Inks, so my color combinations are somewhat limited.  Here's some close ups:





This tag was cut from Kraft paper using the Picturesque cart on my Cricut.  The effect creates a darker look since the start is a darker paper.




The next two cards were made on a basic office supply manila tag.  You can see where the effect creates a different backdrop for those water droplets.




Either way, I'm pleased.  It sure takes little to please me, just carving out the time to spend with my stash and some online card class videos.  If you haven't tried it, I would suggest you do.  Check them out at Online Card Classes









Andie



1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?