Background

Friday, March 30, 2012

Creative Chemistry 101- Watercoloring with Distress Markers

This technique involved using the Distress Markers.  I had to borrow the markers since I didn't have a set of my own yet.  Good thing Brandy is so generous (and such a great friend).  She generously shared them and I tried (oh how I tried) to watercolor and blend. 


This example is my first pathetic attempt.  I am thinking the green ladybug isn't horrible, but the others might be.  You can also see where I used the red to "alter" the green marker and the evidence of the marker's ability to "self-clean" is demonstrated.  I just dipped the tip of the peeled paint marker into the fire brick red scribbled onto my craft sheet and the result was a deeper, more olive green.  As I scribbled across the page you can see how the red comes out and the marker returns to a peeled paint color.




More sunflowers, these maybe are a little more blended proving that practice does help even though they are still proof that I'm not a colorer.  Maybe part of the problem is that I don't have a specific inspired project or idea.  This is a technique to file away and pull out for just the right occassion. 




Andie



 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I would say practice does make perfect! Your sunflower on the left, in the bottom picture, definitely has the right depth and blending... is beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?