Background

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Creative Chemistry 101- Watercolor Technique Using Distress Ink Re-inkers

One of day 4's techniques involved using Distress Re-inkers (you know, the bottles of ink with droppers to add ink to dry ink pads?) as a type of water color medium.  First let me disclose- I am not a "colorer" (Tim's term which fits right into my world view!).  While Brandy has enthusiastically and quite successfully embraced the Copic marker phenom, I have resisted.  My capabilities of coloring began and quite abruptly ended with 3rd grade art.  I've never thought of myself as particularly artistic.  So the thought of using a water brush and "painting" the Re-Inker on a stamp image was daunting.  Have a look at my first go and laugh out loud.  That's what I did! 

So, when Brandy and I got together this weekend to craft I humbly requested to borrow some supplies.  Surprisingly, with the right stamp (simple is better for us non-colorers) and a little more variety in the colors of re-inker available, I was able to create something a little more resembling cute.


This dress was colored with Brick Red, Rusty Hinge, and Antique Linen Re-Inkers.  A much more acceptable result.

The second tag used Broken China, Brick Red and Antique Linen Re-Inkers.  Yeah, a non-colorer actually producing something worth keeping.  Hooray!




Andie














2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?