Background

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Creative Chemistry 101- Stamping with Distress Stains

This technique involved using Distress Stains.  The stains are a liquid version of the Distress Inks.  I think I prefer the stains for creating that background distress look.  They apply a greater quantity of ink quickly and my fat fingers find the technique easier to execute.  With the stains, you can swipe the ink across the tag directly (rather than on the craft mat as with the wrinkle free technique).   Here's my results.


The tag on the left was created applying the stain from the dauber directly on the tag.  You see my limited color palette again, but the bird stamp just makes this card.  The swirls were stamped with sepia archival ink and the bird is black archival ink.


The tag on the right was actually created by swiping the stain from the daubers on the craft mat and wiping the tag through the ink.  I like the streaks through the background.  In this case, all images were created using the sepia archival ink.  Not as bold, but a different effect altogether.  I am having so much fun, I almost can't stand it!  The class probably doesn't provide loads of information that is not available free on Tim's youtube channel.  The class does provide discipline (if I paid for it my Minnesota cheap won't let me "waste" that money) and also the inspiration of seeing hundreds of other interpretations of the same instructions/techniques. Access can be purchased after the class is completed and you have the same access to content that those of us have going through it "live".  Check it out over at Online Card Classes- Creative Chemistry 101.

Andie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?