Background

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Card

One of my recent favorites is Basic Grey's Sweet Threads line.  I used a couple of the prints in a birthday card for my friend, Keri.  Using a cut out from the Paper Lace Cricut cart, Lace 2- HpyBDy1, I  cut the sentiment from the orange printed paper from the collection, Weekend Look.  Using my trusty Crystal Accents, I created an acryllic look to the embellishment that helps to make it standout, creates dimension and I think enhances the color of this wonderful paper.  The buttons are Studio Calico's Wood Veneer buttons which have been misted with teal Glimmer Mist.  The wood veneer


looked smashing with the glimmer mist.  The color was vibrant and the glimmer added just the right eye-catching twist.  A piece of leftover orange fiber tied in the center of the wood veneer buttons and we're done.  Happy Birthday, Keri!  I sure enjoyed dinner at Casanova Brothers Pizza.  There really isn't much better than enjoying good food, a good friend's company and the time to just catch up on all the good stuff.  If you're ever in the vicinity of Gilbert, AZ, stop in and let Tony help you celebrate your Happy Birthday.  


Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?