Background

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Summer Card Camp Week 2

I decided to get out my alcohol inks and see if I could create a card for this week's camp.  I'd mentioned earlier this week that orange isn't my favorite and the result is that the Stash doesn't have much orange included in it.  What better way than to make your own out of a piece of glossy white paper. 


Cardstock Card: White, untextured cardstock and glossy white paper
Alcohol ink: Adirondack Sunshine Yellow, Sunset Orange and Watermelon
Ink: Colorbok, Magenta
Tissue Paper: Cream, Orange, Pink, Green with polka dots and lime green
Dies:  Quickutz stem and leaf and Sunshine Sunburst






Then, I found myself with an hour or so this afternoon.  Considering I enjoyed the alternative color combinations for this week's camp, I thought I would give a try at another card or two.  The first Happy Birthday card features a shiny teal organza ribbon off a dentist office's promotional basket that arrived at my office this week.  I admit to shamelessly asking to take home this great ribbon for use in paper crafting and couldn't resist using it first thing.  The second Happy Birthday card features papers from the Paper Crafts Connection blog prize I won earlier this year.  I will continue to collect cards for shipping to Operation Write Home which means that at least one of these will go in the package with the other cards.

Happy Birthday Card

This card was made with the color combination suggested by the Summer Card Camp Week 2 Additional Combos:




Cardstock Card: White, untextured cardstock 
Cardstock: Bazzill olive green and lime green
Ink: VersaMagic Spanish Olive
Flower Die Cut: Scrap of yellowish, orange paper from the Stash die cut using Cricut's Accent Essentials
Bling:  KaiserScrapbook, orange rhinestones






Happy Birthday Card 2

This card was made with the color combination suggested by the Summer Card Camp Week 2 Additional Combos:



 



Cardstock Card: Green, untextured gatefold card
Patterend Paper: American Crafts City Park
Ink: VersaMagic Spanish Olive
Dies:  Quickutz circe die and Cricut's Graphically Speaking layered butterfly

 



This card was inspired by another sketch suggested by Kristina Werner, one of our camp counselors (oooh, I love have a counselor at age 41!).  I didn't follow the sketch exactly, but was inspired by the linear lines and the suggestion to use printed paper with different pattern sizes and color combinations. 
Lastly, all this card making this afternoon inspired me to make one more attempt at this weeks featured color combination.  Here's my last card for this week.  I guess I can say that I've recieved my creative inspiration this week.  I hope you have to.


Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?